Hi, my name is Scott Hughes. I own and write many blogs including a Hunger and Poverty Blog and a Self-Defense Blog. I also administer many forums including the Philosophy Forums and Book and Reading Forums.
New Posts from Violence Prevention Blog
- At-Risk Youth Mentoring: a Proactive Approach - According to the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, juvenile arrest rates in the United States decreased 36 percent between 1996 and 2009. In 2009, there were 5,804 teenage arrests for every 100,000 youths ages 10 through 17 in... read more
- Prison Dog Programs - Save 3 Lives at Once - If you are thinking this is an article for dogs behaving badly, you have come to the wrong blog... this is in fact about saving lives, multiple lives, one dog at a time. You may have heard of a therapy dog, but have you head of the am... read more
- College Crime - The following is a guest blog post sent to us by Marina SalsburyCollege Crime: Preventable With Awareness While most parents and prospective students regard college as four years of final educational preparation for adult l... read more
New Posts from World Poverty Blog
- Sandy Hook Elementary - I think we often see the best of humanity in the face of the worst. Even within the terror and brutality of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, we find the sadly beautiful heroism such as that of Teacher Victoria Soto and Teacher's Assistant Anne ... read more
- 7 Million Children Die Needlessly Each Year - Here's How You Can Help - Despite our high tech gadgets, jaw dropping skyscrapers, and speedy bullet trains, the fact still remains that ... read more
- How to Select a Charity worth Donating to - With so many wonderful charities out there, it can be very difficult to select the one that is right for you. The good news is you do not have to be rich in order to give back. In fact, studies show; those who make lower monthly incomes actually g... read more
Popular Philosophy Forum Topics Created by Me
How much evidence does it take to believe or to know?
204 replies. Posted August 7th in Epistemology and Metaphysics.
Does Society Need Prisons?
97 replies. Posted February 28th in Philosophy of Politics.
Live as a coward or die as a hero?
86 replies. Posted April 29th in Ethics and Morality.
Incompetence to Consent
70 replies. Posted June 03rd in Philosophy of Politics.
How do you feel about vengeance?
45 replies. Posted March 19th in Ethics and Morality.
Is faith synonymous with self-delusion?
27 replies. Posted May 16th in Epistemology and Metaphysics.