Hi, my name is Scott Hughes. I own and write many blogs including a Hunger and Poverty Blog and a Self-Defense and Violence Prevention Blog. I also administer many forums including the Philosophy Forums and Book and Reading Forums.
Check out these featured quotes from articles I wrote.
If you need to get in touch with me, you can use the contact form. You can also check me out at the following social media sites:
New Posts from Violence Prevention Blog
- Cogito Ergo Sum Liber - I am currently reading The Moral Arc: How Science and Reason Lead Hum... read more
- So Many Good People In Prison: Inmates Rescue Guard - In a previous post, Man Fac... read more
- Autopsy: Ezell Ford Shot in Back at Very Close Range - The Time's article reports: ... read more
New Posts from World Poverty Blog
- When I'm Holding My Daughter - ... read more
- Infographic: Suburban Poverty - The following interesting infographic about the rise in suburban poverty was sent to me by Jenn at Best MSW Programs: ... read more
- Favorite Posts - Second Edition - Back in 2008, I made a post listing my favorite posts. But since then I have made many more awesome posts. Listed from newest to old... read more
Popular Philosophy Forum Topics Created by Me
How much evidence does it take to believe or to know?
204 replies. Posted August 7th in Epistemology and Metaphysics.
Does Society Need Prisons?
97 replies. Posted February 28th in Philosophy of Politics.
Live as a coward or die as a hero?
86 replies. Posted April 29th in Ethics and Morality.
Incompetence to Consent
70 replies. Posted June 03rd in Philosophy of Politics.
How do you feel about vengeance?
45 replies. Posted March 19th in Ethics and Morality.
Is faith synonymous with self-delusion?
27 replies. Posted May 16th in Epistemology and Metaphysics.