Hi, my name is Scott Hughes. I own and write many blogs including a Hunger and Poverty Blog and a Self-Defense and Violence Prevention Blog. I also administer many forums including the Philosophy Forums and Book and Reading Forums.
New Posts from Violence Prevention Blog
- We Could All Do A Lot Better - On a site like this that's entire focus is opposing aggressive violence, either through prevention or self-defense, the issue of violence committed by police is so relevant yet so difficult and complicated to address. Frankly, that's why I do not wan... read more
- Top 10 Martial Arts in the World - Photo Credit Undoubte... read more
- Vengeance, Payback, Revenge - ... read more
New Posts from World Poverty Blog
- Favorite Posts - Second Edition - Back in 2008, I made a post listing my favorite posts. But since then I have made many more awesome posts. Listed from newest to old... read more
- Infographic: Resegregated Schools - Infographic courtesy of Top Masters in E... read more
- Infographic: Poverty Then and Now - ... read more
Popular Philosophy Forum Topics Created by Me
How much evidence does it take to believe or to know?
204 replies. Posted August 7th in Epistemology and Metaphysics.
Does Society Need Prisons?
97 replies. Posted February 28th in Philosophy of Politics.
Live as a coward or die as a hero?
86 replies. Posted April 29th in Ethics and Morality.
Incompetence to Consent
70 replies. Posted June 03rd in Philosophy of Politics.
How do you feel about vengeance?
45 replies. Posted March 19th in Ethics and Morality.
Is faith synonymous with self-delusion?
27 replies. Posted May 16th in Epistemology and Metaphysics.